According to the Government Accountability Office, Federal agencies are currently spending 70% of their I.T budgets on maintaining legacy systems. This is over $50 billion a year, government-wide, being prioritized on outdated I.T systems over developing new capabilities. The government is aware of this problem and has developed new initiatives to modernize federal systems and adapt to an evolving government I.T landscape. Examples include:
- DoD CIO 10-Point Plan for I.T Modernization
- OMB Digital Government Strategy
- Federal Data Center Consolidation Initiative
- Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act
I.T Legacy Modernization for Government will address all of these initiatives, as well as the latest challenges and opportunities for transforming IT systems and software across the government. Speakers from the Departments of Defense, Energy, Commerce and more will discuss their latest efforts and how the public and private sectors can work together to implement Cloud Computing, Data Virtualization and Commercial-Off-The-Shelf technologies and transition from legacy.
U.S. national I.T capabilities are in a state of transition and I.T Legacy Modernization will set the stage for decision-makers to express requirements and listen to industry solution providers. Come join us and establish yourself as a key player in this burgeoning field!
Military and government personnel can attend this event for FREE. To register for your complimentary pass email your full contact information to James.Linney@idga.org.
- Learn about newly established federal procurement strategies and how your products can fit into future government I.T solutions
- Network with this hard to reach audience - the event caters to high level federal agency-level IT stakeholders
- This event will serve as an intimate forum for leaders and solution providers to engage in in-depth dialogue
Who Will Attend?
I.T Legacy Modernization for Government will bring together a high profile speaking faculty as the federal government makes steps to upgrade their outdated IT systems. This one of a kind event will provide a timely opportunity to network with these esteemed speakers and attendees made up of CIOs, CTOs, Directors for Modernization, Chief Enterprise Architects and more with additional government representatives tasked with modernizing government IT systems.
DoD CIO’s 10-Point Plan for IT Modernization
1. Consolidate Enterprise Networks
2. Deliver DoD Enterprise Cloud
3. Standardize IT Platforms
4. Enable Agile IT
5. Strengthen IT Governance
6. Leverage Strategic Sourcing for IT Commodities
7. Strengthen Cybersecurity
8. Strengthen IT Investments
9. Improve Enterprise Architecture Effectiveness
10. Modernize IT Guidance and Training
View the full 10-Point Plan for IT Modernization